My first feral rescue

This is Bacardi. He is my first feral cat rescue.



After being traded in for a sports model (3 years older than our son!) I decided that men were not worthy of my time any longer and that I would not be hurt again. Ja, ja you are thinking.... issues....issues.... but you would be wrong! After 6 months in therapy I no longer have any issues and I have let go of all my demons including some bad ones from my childhood. Terrible when you are 30 years old and suddenly you start remembering things that you have buried from your childhood. Anyway therapy taught me to like myself again and to enjoy MY time and that I did not need a man in my life to make me complete. And so I was single for 7 blissful years. I decided that animals were worthy of my love and the unconditional love that I got from them is awesome. Friends tried time and time again to set me up with a string of unsuitable men and thought I was "not" normal not wanting to be in a relationship. They told me that it's wasn't healthy to not want to be going out and having fun when they were forever running out to parties, going to pubs etc. I was just past it at 45 (back then lol) and some of my friends still do it at 50! They used to call me the cat lady and told me that one day I would die and be eaten by my cats! Well so be it I always told them. Just leave me alone..... and there's that word ALONE but to me it didn't mean I was alone. I loved my solitude and I loved my space........ all in all, I loved my life!

And then a man from 27 years ago found me again on Facebook and that all changed but I will blog about that in good time :)


4 comments:

Sharon said...

"I did not need a man in my life to make me complete." I have finally realised how true that is. We need to find that fulfilment within ourselves!

CatWoman said...

You are so right and I left a comment on your blog to that effect.

I am lucky in that although I survived and loved the 7 years on my own, I now have a wonderful man in my life. I never would have even thought this would happen lol!

Sharon said...

He was certainly worth the wait & you are both so blessed!

My other Little World said...

Found you! lol

All good things come to those who wait... that's what 'they' say and it's true.

xxx
Cilla

Post a Comment